Saturday 25 August 2012

Beetroot Fry




                            When I think of Beetroot immediately Rubies Comes into my mind. It has Got one of my Favourite colors.I love the taste and color of It.When My mother First made it I just Fell in Love with It..... It can be done in just 3 simple Steps.

        



Preparation Time: 20min

Serves - 3




Ingredients:


Diced Beetroot Cubes - 1 cup
Cumin/Zeera Seeds - 2tbsp
Bengal Gram -1tbsp
Moong dal - 1tbsp
Oil - 3tbsp
Red chilli powder - 1tbsp
Coriander/Dhania Powder - 1tbsp (optional)
Salt to Taste.



My Mom's Method Of Making:



1. In a Non-Stick Kadai under medium Flame place 3tbsp of oil.Add Cumin Seeds.Toss for about 10sec.

 2. Now add Diced Beetroot Cubes.Toss for a minute.Close the kadai with the lid .Let it cook for about 4min(till they become Tender)





 
                          Oh..... look !! at those Beautiful Rubies. We are now just a step ahead to taste them.



3. Now add Dhania/Coriander Powder,Salt to taste,Red chilli powder. When Beetroot becomes becomes Tender and Crisp turn off the Flame.



                                     




                                     
                            These are my Fried Rubies....Very Healthy as I used only little amount oil.



      
                      Can be served withRoti/Chapati/Steamed Rice.....